The aim is simple – create spaces and images that speak to traditional and modern African living and everything that may have crept up in between. It is important to Blueprint Africa that the story of this continent not be limited. Blueprint Africa’s objective is to use visual branding and built environments as a window to the various sides of the African story. The world should appreciate the ways in which rural-urban, poor and rich, trendy and traditional collide into the chaotic kaleidoscope that is everyday living in Africa. With every client, the goal is to make sure the space or the products used in the styling reflect a modern Africa that is at peace with its traditions, roots and people. Blueprint Africa tries to capture the essence of the African people and how they live. Thank you for joining us on this journey.
– Product presentation and placement
– Public relations and brand promotion
– Advertising campaigns and editorials
– Set design for TV and film production
– Residential and corporate interior decoration
– Curation and sourcing
Our Founder’s Story. In Her Own Words…
Hi, I am Nana. I started Blueprint Africa as a passion project, a platform dedicated to developing a community around trend-setting African-inspired décor. That was four years ago. Now, I am a seasoned art director with an eye for symmetry, printed patterns and contrasting color. To date, I have worked on a number of marketing campaigns for companies targeting the African continent but God knows I did not start off on the creative path.
I began my career in management consulting with IBM and thereafter Deloitte. Those years gave me an edge that many other interior stylists do not have. Those years made me a creative problem solver, a strong budget planner and an enthusiastic project manager, very adept at seeing client projects through to fruition. My time in the consulting field actually makes me a natural fit for any high profile, tight turnaround project.
I also spent over four years in the finance sector working for a multilateral development bank. In fact, I launched Blueprint Africa to leverage my knowledge of and friendships with artisans and the various makers on the continent resulting from my travels to over 20 African countries including Senegal, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Togo, South Africa and Ethiopia. My love of both African handicraft and modern furniture design will make me your go-to collaborator on your next interiors project. Consider me your guide to African living!
Email me at email@example.com.
Press & Honorable Mentions
- Livin Spaces blog talked about our founder’s experience set designing Season 2 of An African City.
- Homepolish designer, Angela Belt included our founder in her list of 28 Black Tastemarkers 2016.
- Fashion blog Posh Africana profiled Blueprint Africa founder and the company in a celebration of womanhood.
- That time Nubian Skin gave Blueprint Africa a shout out based on our editorial work for the launch of their product in Nigeria.